Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where has the time gone?

I think this is the longest I have gone without posting. Sorry about that. I can hardly believe that the girls will turn 1 year old on Thursday. I cant help but look through old photos and get all nostalgic. Since I didn't have this sight when the girls were born, I'm going to post some of my favorite pics over the past 12 months. Stay tuned for pictures on Thursday of the cake....

So tiny...Ruth Ellen at 5 lbs 14 ozs and Madilyn Jane at 5 lbs 4 ozs.


I still love seeing babies doubled up in these things!


This picture brings back so many memories. We were getting ready for our traditional family leaving the hospital shot when the cardiologist came in and told us about Maddie's heart condition. She was not positive at all about the outcome of it and told me, a new mother of twins, that I couldn't let Maddie cry or she would stop breathing and turn blue. We just broke down crying....hence the red faces and puffiness as we tried to pull it together to take the girls home. What a great first family picture, huh? Amazing to think how well Maddie is doing now.


This picture is probably my favorite of the girls right after they were born.

Adjusting to home life... Also, adjusting to Momma dressing them up and taking pictures. I love this picture of Ruthie! (those are preemie onesies, btw).



Adjusting to hospital life (no, this isnt out of order)...


And seeing the amazing power of God.


Learning to smile for the first time (ok, so maybe I didnt have the camera for the very first time, but this was as close of timing I could get).


Learning how loud they can be when they work as a team

Finally being able to take a picture of Ruthie with both eyes looking at you and not one wandering(Thank you Vanderbilt...again!). Ruthie the day after her eye surgery.


Summer fun at the park...

And discovering new foods...



Discovering stairs....and soon after discovering baby gates.

I have no idea where the time has gone, but I have loved every minute of it!

No comments: