Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Extreme Make-Over...Open Heart Surgery Edition

I thought I would include some post-op pics of Maddie. Her superglue that was holding her incision together finally fell off. Dr. Christian did an amazing job on her incision! I am very happy with how it is looking at this point. Just a little refresher of the progression over a mere 2 weeks.

Day of Surgery



6 Days Post-Op


2 Weeks Post-Op


She tends to be very modest about her scar...

Ok, so it isn't modesty....she is just picking at it, whatever. She is still a goof-ball!


For fair measure I thought I would also include one of Ruth Ellen. Poor girl has been pushed to the background as her sister has had all the attention. She's still a goof ball also.


I must say that ever since this surgery, Maddie has not quite been herself. Before surgery, she had a lot of attitude and could even give dirty looks at the ripe old age of 10 months. Spittin' image of her Momma! Mark refers to Maddie now as the new Maddie, Maddie 2.0 . She has just been nothing but sweetness and gentleness. We've had no dirty looks, no attitude...nothing. I kinda like the Maddie 2.0. Like any upgrade, I wonder how long before this one will be outdated.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm no expert by any means, but maybe Maddie just didn't feel good before the heart repair and that made her grumpy. Oxygen deprivation will do that, maybe she just wasn't getting enough O2.
Lori

K said...

Ok Kristen, I have issues. I cried again when I saw her smiling in the tub. I love that picture!!! And only 5 days after surgery!! She is truly a miracle.

Nicki aka Chris and Alison's mom said...

Wow that scar looks amazing.

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

i'll say it again - i think she's scared to give attitude because she thinks we'll take her in for surgery again. She's on her best behavior for fear of another hospital visit. we taught her a lesson she'll never forget!