Monday, August 25, 2008

Who needs Fisher Price?


The one thing that has amazed me about the girls is how simple things provide hours of entertainment for them. I have no idea how the toy industry makes so much money. Empty boxes make them just as happy as their toys that light up and make music. Anything that crinkles is a keeper also. They will even fight over these every day items. I can honestly say that the only "toys" I have bought for them have been their excersaucer (which really was more about containment than entertainment) and a toy that their physical therapist had that they really liked. Other than that, we have used simple household items. Below is an example of hours of entertainment, and can be found at your local Home Depot.


That's right. A door stopper. The girls love them! Granted, we do have an issue with Ruthie trying to eat them, but we are hoping she grows out of that.

Your next simple household item, in this video, is a lazy boy. Many other items can be substituted, but for video purposes, the lazy boy worked.


The game of Peek-A-Bo can literally last for hours. For some reason, Ruthie in particular, never gets tired of this game. She hides behind everything and plays with anyone that will pay attention to her.

This last clip, doesn't even require a household item. It does however require someone to act like a moron. I was glad to play the role in this. This is one of my absolutely FAVORITE clips and you'll see why by the end.


That laugh! Oh my goodness! I could eat it up!

I am glad for other people to purchase my children toys for their entertainment, but I think I will save the money for diapers!

1 comment:

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

i have no idea why it took so long for the videos to buffer on mom's computer. it worked fine on my laptop.