Saturday, August 16, 2008

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Today we went out to Hendersonville to meet up with friends from college to go out on their boat. They have a 2 year old son, so all 7 of us piled on into the boat. The girls did really well on the boat, until it got closer to nap time.

Mark with his mini-me



Me and Maddie Jane hanging out

The life jackets for the girls were completely ridiculous. I know they have to be like this, but the girls were so uncomfortable in them. They couldn't move at all.


We were actually able to "prop" Ruthie up in the corner of the boat for a while.

We got all the kids out in the lake also. The girls do the pool all the time at their grandparents house, but they have floats there. This is a little different. Maddie really liked it, Ruthie was not very impressed. They DID NOT like floating on their backs in the life jackets.

Daddy and Ruthie


Mark likes this picture because it looks like we just tossed Ruthie out in the water to fend for herself. Really, he was under water behind her, still holding her.

Tim holding Maddie


Me trusting Mark and Tim to not drown my children

In between swimming we got to do a little boogie boarding. I told Tim I had never boogie boarded, but had water skied most of my life. He told me that a whole bunch of 7th grade girls they took out the weekend before got up the first time, so I had to be pretty bad if I couldn't get up. That was a little bit of pressure. I did get up the first time though. I will say that it was the first time I had done water sports since I have given birth to children. Your body just doesn't react to water sports the same way before and after.

*Side note. Maddie currently has a nasty, nasty cold. Because of that, there is a chance that her surgery will be postponed for 2 weeks. We go in on Monday for the cardiologist to make the call.

No comments: