Saturday, November 8, 2008

Question for the Ages

I tend to be thrifty. Mark says I am cheap, but I like the word thrifty better. I am all about store brand items, unless they are ketchup ( I will only buy Heinz) or soda (I will only buy Coca-Cola). The girls got Publix brand formula in their bottles. They dont get Gerber snacks, they get the Walmart brand. Once I discovered Steve & Barry's here in Nashville, I have a hard time paying more than $8.98 for any item of clothing. I cant think of the last new toy the girls got, that I got for them, that was not bought at a consignment sale. The girls car seats, stroller and even a bedding set were all bought on ebay. See? Thrifty!

Where Mark gets upset is when for things like Christmas I ask for my groceries to be paid for the week. Or, for a birthday, I ask for the car to get an oil change. I just have a hard time buying things I dont necessarily need when there are so many things that we actually need. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

So, I was thinking about getting the girls a bubble maker for Christmas. Now that they are walking they can chase them and reach for them, etc. I thought it would be a great idea.


But, then I discovered Maddie's new trick. Just to give you a time frame. She did this long enough for me to realize what she was doing, go into the other room, get my camera and still catch her doing it.





My question is, am I being too thrifty if I just use Maddie as the bubble maker and save $13, or am I being a good steward of the talents that God has blessed my children with?


3 comments:

24crayons said...

Ha.

Spend the 13 bucks :P

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

if ruthie was playing with the spit bubbles i would say - don't spend the money. but it looks like Maddie is the only one entertained by them. so spend the $13.

TrueToddlerTales said...

Just get a bubble maker at a consignment sale...