Sunday, July 5, 2009

Safety First

Some may call this floatie-over-kill. I call it being safe. It really is all a matter of terminology.

You only need 3 inches of water to drown, and this kiddie pool is at least 6 inches. You never can be too cautious. That is my motto.

Ok, so I dont make them wear a life-jacket and arm floaties in the kiddie pool. But, I do make them wear all that gear in the big pool. Because my daughters do this...




and go from this...



to this....

in the blink of an eye. They truly are fearless when it comes to swimming. A good thing and a bad thing, all at the same time!

Now, if you really want floatie-over-load, check this out!

Now, for the depressing one year ago comparison....

Amazing what a year (and enough floaties for them to swim from Florida to Cuba) can do!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Carter LOVES the water too! He doesn't like waves at the beach, but he loves to play in puddles, kiddie pools, tidal pools, and the YMCA pool with mommy.