Friday, May 15, 2009

Let the child labor begin!

There are many benefits to having kids. Besides the wonderful tax deductions, one of the things parents look forward to is when they can make their children earn their keep. I mowed the lawn, cleaned the house, did the dishes, etc. It is a rite of passage for any kid. It is when parents can finally relax for a minute after the years of having to do EVERYTHING for their kids. Builds character in them!

Maddie has become obsessed with emptying the dishwasher. I have to watch her because she will try to empty out dirty dishes if I am not paying attention. I, of course, use this to my advantage. She just needs to get tall enough to put them in the cabinet now. Watch what happens at the end of the video when she cant get the last dish out.

I wonder how she feels about pushing a lawn mower?

2 comments:

Lori said...

My niece would empty the silverware on to the floor and then open the drawer and drop it in anywhere!!

Kerry said...

I love the "uh ohs"! Unloading the dishwasher is a GREAT idea. Kevin wants to train the boys to get him a beer. *sigh* ;)